Friday, September 5, 2008

Wikis

I'm onto Wikis now...I would have found the Blogging libraries wiki link useful in Week 4 too. Sutherland, Mosman, Leichhardt(Local History) and Yarra Plenty are a few of the Australian libraries found there. I liked the layout of the Mosman blog. Couldn't not look at the Antioch Uni procedure manual on wiki now that I'm a NH fan. I took notice of their Attitude entry but our new procedure manual is more impressive. Moving to the SJCPL Subject Guides wiki I got carried away with the Local Family and History entry - found Ancestry online there just like we have at BMCL. Also looked at News and Currents Events. Did you know(or need to know)that Shane Gould, Dawn Fraser, Mitzi Gaynor and Mary Renault were all born on 4 September! Recreation and Fitness allowed me to view the new gardening books on their shelves and I could pick up some gardening tips too. If I was going to write my life story then I'd look under Books and keep my journal on a blog. Internet is so so slow this afternoon, it's almost not happening. Onto Wookieepedia now which would be a must for all Star Wars lovers. Interested to see that under Good Articles (these adhere to quality standards) there are only 270 good articles out of 59,169 articles. What does that tell me!

No comments: