Thursday, October 23, 2008

Google Docs, Zoho

On the very day I was learning about Google Docs a customer was unable to open his file on his floppy disk (you might ask why are people still using floppies!). At least he confessed that he was the one to damage the disk. I was chuffed to be able to tell him about Google Docs (as if I'd known about it for yonks). I created a document in Google Docs and shared it with nswpln. I won't have use for GD myself at work but it will be great to tell the customers about it. Perhaps I won't see anymore floppies left behind in public pcs. If I'm out and about without my USB then I will certainly use GD. Google Docs is easy to use.
It took forever to set up an account in Zoho on my staff pc, it was just so slow, most likely because it was lunchtime and staff were at it. I also tried Zoho from the public pc and was able to invite Vanessa to a meeting...no signing in to my usual email.

No comments: