Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Social networks

Still find it hard to believe the extent of social networking. Until now I thought (and I hadn't really given it much thought) that Facebook and MySpace were for the younger generation wanting to keep up with friends. Me, well I like to have a coffee or a meal to catch up with friends but then if your friends are far away I expect these networks are a good option. We've read that a website is not enough to attract attention online these days and social networking reaches a wide community,plus participants can contribute so it's no wonder that libraries and museums are using these opportunities. I thought the Rotorua Public Library on Bebo was colourful and interesting...I can't imagine us having enough staff to maintain a site like this but who knows in the future.
After the initial trauma I've enjoyed the experience of Learning 2.0 so thank you for this opportunity.I'm pleased that I have learnt lots and will continue to learn.

No comments: