Thursday, October 9, 2008

Podcasts and Audio

I looked at OCLS Podcasts, LibVibe (depressing with all the library cuts) and Denver Public Library (much more fun with nursery rhymes and Peter Rabbit stories). Currently listening to extracts from the new Evelyn Waugh CD from the British Library. Oops, must get back from lunch and back to my customers...but so far so good.
Checked out ABC and listened to some Wendy Harmer and Angela Catterns, also Richard Glover. This is all new and exciting to me and when we get our home pc (it now has a virus too)back from the computer guys I'll probably be tempted to listen to some of my favourite radio shows. What a great idea podcasts are. Couldn't listen on my staff pc though and that was after 5pm so I expect IT restrictions there. Also no luck on the public pc with most of the podcasts that I tried from Library Success wiki. ABC still my favourite. Oral histories, what's on at the library, and author talks should work on podcasts but with IT restrictions I'd be wary about staff in house use.

1 comment:

Fun1 said...

You are going great guns! AND your blog looks wonderful. I just haven't been in the right zone to do Library 2.0 lately but I hope to get some done today.